Skip to main content

Hope isn't just a word, unless it is shattered.


They say hope can lead to miracles, turn the impossible into possible but can it make the dead man alive?
They say hope can be your umbrella in the downpour, they say hope can fix the leaks. But can it fix the leaks in your heart, the tears that kiss your cheeks? 
They say hope can bring merry, they say hope can make you rich. But can it bring you joy? 
They say hope fulfils desires, they say hope can win against hope. But can you hope against the despondence? 
They say hope isn't just a word, really? 
They say its more than a word. 
Of course, it's a way of life. 
Unless. Unless it is shattered. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Things Girls Need to get Right

Disclaimer- This piece is a personal opinion and should not be taken as a remark on anyone. The readers are requested to not be offended since I mean no offence at all. And if you end up being offended, the writer is not to be blamed. Thank you!  I have seen a lot of girls previously but thanks to my college, I now see hundreds of them each day. And analyse them. After so much analysis and observation, I finally discovered some things that ladies and girls need to improve upon and get right. Read on.  1. Wax the underarms  So this is a big big turn off for most people. Girls, you may wear sleeveless tops and dresses but know that we don't like to see the bushy region in your armpits that you least proudly show off. Ensure that you are perfectly waxed or have negligible growth the next time you decide to wear something with no sleeves. There's enough hair on your head, we don't need any more to admire.  2. Plastic straps   If the government was cons...

What's in a Date?

Okay so today we celebrate the last sequential date in this century, 11-12-13.  It's the last date with consecutive numbers to appear in the 21st century, but why the hype?  Did they forget that every damn date in this century will never repeat itself?  Or is this just another money-minting criteria adopted by hotels, hospitals, bars, wedding planners and pandit ji's to brainwash people's minds and inform them about the importance of this one date?  Why the craze to tie the knot on this so called 'auspicious' date? Why the craze to deliver babies on this day? Are you going to tell me that its a 'lucky' day and will make your marriage last a year more than mine? Or your baby will be born an actor or IITian? Or probably that the food at restaurants will be better today?  Hell, no. If love doesn't see person or time, why does it see dates? Ladies, If babies born on other dates can become Shahrukh Khan and Sachin Tendulkar, why the fuss about paining your bo...

We Think We Have Time

An eerie quietness fills the room   Something doesn't seem right today He is waiting for me in bed I slip into the blanket that covers his body I tell him that he needs to be well He doesn't listen to me I am yearning to hear him speak He doesn't talk much I am waiting for his words of wisdom He hardly even says anything I remind him of his strength  His body is weak  I feed him naan khatai and imarti each day He is thinning by the day I bring him his favourite food He doesn't eat two square meals in a day I cook him his favourite mutton biryani He can't eat two square meals in a day I bring him filter coffee from the nukkad of the street He can hardly even drink water  I ask him if he'd like to dance with me He can't stand on his two feet  I try to put him to sleep His eyes are tired of being shut  I stay quiet for a few minutes  He reaches for my hand I can't stop the tears from running do...