Skip to main content

Little Things

The little things you do, making me smile that no one else could. 

Our lives aren't composed of a few big things, they are composed of a million tiny things. This is probably the only situation where small and little things can make someone happy (pun intended). So, I pen down the little things that more often than not occupy the big spaces in my heart and life. 

1. Good morning text


Something as simple as a good morning text can brighten my day. It is not just a text, but also an implication that you were the first person on my mind when I woke up. It's a nice feeling to be greeted by someone right in the beginning of the day. I equally like to send and receive morning texts to people who matter. 

2. Making up after a fight 

You know, a fight or argument isn't all bad if you can make up well after it. The sorting of issues and resolving problems make you realise how much you mean to someone, provided you know how to read between the lines and understand the unsaid. Because you only fight with people you care for. Who fights with strangers, anyway? 
P.S The day I stop tripping and arguing, know that you've lost me. 

3. Food 



We love food per se and we love people who love food. But I love those people more who save me a bite of their food. It's a sweet gesture to leave a portion of your food for someone, except in cases where the food tastes not so good. Then, you're probably just being mean. This is a special reference to my ex who used to save me a portion of food that he knew for sure I'd like. And also my present day friend who saves me the last bite of food in accordance with a superstition that will get me handsome hubby. (What a sweetheart!)

4. Lying in mom's lap



No matter how old one gets, mom's lap is the only most comfortable place this planet has ever seen. No star rated hotel or luxury honeymoon suite can offer the same comfort as a mother's lap. The way she plays with your hair and you slowly fall asleep is only natural. After a long day at work, you might not want to lie in your wife's lap but your mother's, for the love and compassion is unmatched. 

5. Walk with dad



Strolls with dads are best when it's just the two of you. Late in the night or early in the morning when you walk down a road with your father, discussing about life and shit, you know it's a feeling that nothing else can provide. The trust, understanding and the level of maturity shared between a father and his child only grows with such walks. With time, the walks remain more or less the same, only the talks keep changing. At any age, such a walk is highly appreciated. 

6. An unexpected call from someone

There are two cases of things happening unexpectedly. Sometimes, what happens is the opposite of what you expected, thereby leading to disappointments. Other times, what happens is something you did not expect in the first place, mostly having positive consequences. An unexpected call or plan to meet people you had long forgotten can make your day. 

7. Chocolate 



This is applicable only to chocolate lovers for obvious reasons. Anything from a little eclair toffee to a death by chocolate donut can make my day. At times when I want to reward myself for something, chocolate it is. So, next time you are coming to see me, don't forget that bar of chocolate. I will love you even more. 

8. Good night text 

Quite like a good morning text, a good night text tells the receiver that they are one of the last few things on my mind before I doze off. Even if you go without talking to someone all day, good morning and good night texts signify that your day isn't complete without you thinking of them. My favourite kind of good morning message is the one I receive before I rise up and favourite good night is the one after I've slept. 

Well, these things don't take much of effort, just a heartfelt gesture no matter how little or big is capable of making a person's day. Do not underestimate the power of little. Sometimes, little is a lot. Little is not always less. For a few of us, little is all we have. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Better Single than Sorry

Walking down the aisles at Archie's gallery, gazing at various love objects such as Teddy Bears, Cupid idols, Love birds, Together forever frames, and other love-related shit; I finally ended up picking a Happy Anniversary greeting card for my parents. If this is not the torment of Valentine's day, then I don't know what is. No, the torment isn't buying an Anniversary card, it's the struggle to find general greetings amidst this store full of red hearts and love quotes that describes a world where love is measured by objects and not emotions.  If you choose 14th February to confess your feelings, that's not falling love, it's fooling in love. With due respect to Saint Valentine and Cupid, this day has become overhyped, overrated and over celebrated. How can you decide to pamper your loved one only on one day of the year and bestow all the love (pocket money) upon them?  Expensive gifts and flowers only provide the sellers with one week of good business and t

Things We Do When We Hate Someone

We have all been mad at someone or the other for some reason or the other but does that put an end to our love for them? Do we stop feeling the same for them? The answer is relative to the reason for which you’re mad at them. IF it is something that can be fixed, then the answer is NO, but surely when the damage done is irreparable, let’s take YES as the answer. People change, feelings change. Nobody can guarantee same behaviour throughout the course of a relationship. This is one solid ground for relationships falling apart. They say, "The opposite of love isn't hate. It is indifference." I am a true believer of these words but then again, sometimes, the next level indifference is called hate, or so I like to think. It's like they cease to exist for me, hence their role in my life becomes zero.   If I were to define hatred, it would be "absence of love”. It is a long ride to go from being mad at someone to hate them but there’s no looking back when you de

Are you ready to fly?

There is nothing that excites me and amazes me more than airplanes. The sole possibility of travelling back and forth in time, defying all perceptions of time travel. There is also nothing that makes me cringe more than being on an airplane. It makes me sick to the stomach, sends shivers down my spine, and renders me helpless, all at the same time. There is a reason why people send texts and make calls before take-off and after landing. No matter how advanced air travel becomes, no matter how many thousands of dollars you spend on that luxury first-class suite just so you can feel at home at 40,000 ft in the air, the fear is inherent. I am no frequent traveller, I am no member of the mile-high club, I am just a young girl who sees airplanes as nothing but a means of transport and occasionally a means of thrill. Having taken a few different flights to and from a few different destinations in the world, what has remained unchanged is my praying before each take-off and after e