Skip to main content

Waiting For Snow

Tonight it was going to snow
I force myself to stay awake until it does
I sit by the window and stare outside 
Looking closely in order not to miss the snow fall 
So far no snow
Only rain, only more rain
And disappointment 
It’s 3 am 
I go back to bed
Only to jump out instantly and look out the window again 
No snow still 
I go back to my bed disappointed yet again 
I do this until I become too tired to do it again 
I lie on my back 
Slowly drifting into slumber 
With the hope, that morning will be white and magical
When I wake up 
The first thing I do is go to the window to see what I waited for all night, 
To see what I missed all night.











Alas, no snow. 
T'was a false alarm 
The kind my heart gave me when I thought it was love,
But it was only nothing.  
Maybe I sat by the window all night to see the snow fall 
Maybe I was waiting for something that my heart wanted 
Like always, I ended up going to bed disappointed 
Not in the snow 
Not in the rain 
Not in the weather
But in myself, because I fell for the things my heart wants 
Yet again 
Time and again 
Oh heart, when will you learn..
The snow only falls when you least expect it to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Things Girls Need to get Right

Disclaimer- This piece is a personal opinion and should not be taken as a remark on anyone. The readers are requested to not be offended since I mean no offence at all. And if you end up being offended, the writer is not to be blamed. Thank you!  I have seen a lot of girls previously but thanks to my college, I now see hundreds of them each day. And analyse them. After so much analysis and observation, I finally discovered some things that ladies and girls need to improve upon and get right. Read on.  1. Wax the underarms  So this is a big big turn off for most people. Girls, you may wear sleeveless tops and dresses but know that we don't like to see the bushy region in your armpits that you least proudly show off. Ensure that you are perfectly waxed or have negligible growth the next time you decide to wear something with no sleeves. There's enough hair on your head, we don't need any more to admire.  2. Plastic straps   If the government was cons...

What's in a Date?

Okay so today we celebrate the last sequential date in this century, 11-12-13.  It's the last date with consecutive numbers to appear in the 21st century, but why the hype?  Did they forget that every damn date in this century will never repeat itself?  Or is this just another money-minting criteria adopted by hotels, hospitals, bars, wedding planners and pandit ji's to brainwash people's minds and inform them about the importance of this one date?  Why the craze to tie the knot on this so called 'auspicious' date? Why the craze to deliver babies on this day? Are you going to tell me that its a 'lucky' day and will make your marriage last a year more than mine? Or your baby will be born an actor or IITian? Or probably that the food at restaurants will be better today?  Hell, no. If love doesn't see person or time, why does it see dates? Ladies, If babies born on other dates can become Shahrukh Khan and Sachin Tendulkar, why the fuss about paining your bo...

We Think We Have Time

An eerie quietness fills the room   Something doesn't seem right today He is waiting for me in bed I slip into the blanket that covers his body I tell him that he needs to be well He doesn't listen to me I am yearning to hear him speak He doesn't talk much I am waiting for his words of wisdom He hardly even says anything I remind him of his strength  His body is weak  I feed him naan khatai and imarti each day He is thinning by the day I bring him his favourite food He doesn't eat two square meals in a day I cook him his favourite mutton biryani He can't eat two square meals in a day I bring him filter coffee from the nukkad of the street He can hardly even drink water  I ask him if he'd like to dance with me He can't stand on his two feet  I try to put him to sleep His eyes are tired of being shut  I stay quiet for a few minutes  He reaches for my hand I can't stop the tears from running do...