Skip to main content

Things We Do When We Hate Someone


We have all been mad at someone or the other for some reason or the other but does that put an end to our love for them? Do we stop feeling the same for them? The answer is relative to the reason for which you’re mad at them. IF it is something that can be fixed, then the answer is NO, but surely when the damage done is irreparable, let’s take YES as the answer. People change, feelings change. Nobody can guarantee same behaviour throughout the course of a relationship. This is one solid ground for relationships falling apart.
They say, "The opposite of love isn't hate. It is indifference." I am a true believer of these words but then again, sometimes, the next level indifference is called hate, or so I like to think. It's like they cease to exist for me, hence their role in my life becomes zero. If I were to define hatred, it would be "absence of love”. It is a long ride to go from being mad at someone to hate them but there’s no looking back when you decide to cut all strings.

What do people do when they're mad at someone and progress to hate them? Killing is not an option, of course. And trust me, I wouldn't look any good in jail clothing. So, I don't know how many guys do what I am about to write below, but I'm pretty sure a lot of girls do at least few of the listed things. 

1. Bhadhaas nikalo


As typical as it may sound, it is just so much true for me, at least. Either I will speak out my heart and mind to the same person who hurt me or I'll confide in my dear ones. The former usually happens when I feel there's still hope for things returning to normal. In other cases, bhadhaas is taken out in front of other people, with an added flavour of abuses, seasoned with swears. It's simple, if I don't talk about it to you, I'll talk about it to someone else. Better known as bitching. 

2. Remove emojis 


This is applicable to those people who add different emojis against the contacts of their favourite people, or write their names in a unique or cute way because well, they are special. Removing these stupid/cute icons from names makes it clear that their status has been restored to ordinary. And obviously, you need to stop treating them like they're iPhone and you're what, an F-phone (Use of F is purely intentional).

3. Delete. Delete. Delete. 


3.1) Chats 
This may differ from person to person. For those like me who like to save 'special' chats in their phone because they established a connection with and through those texts, it is extremely hard to hit the delete button. But, the day you decide that those chats are a mere proof of your stupidity, you'd want to free the extra space they take up on your phone. Only later one realizes how easy it becomes to hate the person once the chat is no more on the phone. It is surprising (not in my case) to know that one can be so attached to silly words and promises made over text. It surely is the tech-gen. 

3.2) Contacts 

Yes, that's right. In extreme cases, people tend to delete the contacts of those who hurt them. Very badly. No existence in my life = no existence in my phone. That's how it works. 
P.S. When you really desperately need to get in touch with them, you know the digits, don't you? ;) 

3.3) Photographs
Sounds filmy? Remind you of Jab We Met? Flushing down a photograph of your ex? Only some selected filmy scenes when enacted in real life can have similar results as in reel life, but not always. And by this, I obviously don't mean you should flush your phone down the urinal (who preserves developed photographs, anyway). Delete those snaps of you both, group photos, sweet things you did for each other, lovely gestures and memories. Deleting helps you detach. Take my word. And no, you won't regret it later. 

3.4) Screenshots


Some people like to take screenshots of conversations they find cute, funny, romantic, as the case may be. If you are one of this kind, deleting those screenshots is just another way of erasing the memories from your phone. Erasing them from the heart is another story altogether.

4. Block

Who hasn't heard or used this feature at least once since the evolution of Facebook, Whatsapp and smartphones? Don't name anyone because this is a rhetoric question. So yeah, well, blocking is the sure way of terminating any kind of communication at all. Block on Facebook, Whatsapp, calling list, and other social platforms that you both might be using. 

Never trust a girl when she says “nothing is wrong”. It means "there's something definitely wrong, just keep asking." Because ek baar mein jawaab dena toh humne kabhi seekha hi nahi. 

I might sound pretty harsh on others but when I feel I need to get rid of the things that make me rather sad, I will try anything and everything to stay away from that person and his/her memories. Not like it is my favourite pastime to get mad at people for no rhyme or reason, I try hard to not be. But who can stop the unstoppable? 


P.S. I have practised each of the above mentioned points on different people, not because I started hating them, but because I stopped loving them. If you think you could be one, start recounting the things you said to me in the last decade and you’ll know! 

Comments

  1. Loved your article.Each and every point is so relatable.Keep up the good work (y) <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

7 Things Girls Need to get Right

Disclaimer- This piece is a personal opinion and should not be taken as a remark on anyone. The readers are requested to not be offended since I mean no offence at all. And if you end up being offended, the writer is not to be blamed. Thank you!  I have seen a lot of girls previously but thanks to my college, I now see hundreds of them each day. And analyse them. After so much analysis and observation, I finally discovered some things that ladies and girls need to improve upon and get right. Read on.  1. Wax the underarms  So this is a big big turn off for most people. Girls, you may wear sleeveless tops and dresses but know that we don't like to see the bushy region in your armpits that you least proudly show off. Ensure that you are perfectly waxed or have negligible growth the next time you decide to wear something with no sleeves. There's enough hair on your head, we don't need any more to admire.  2. Plastic straps   If the government was cons...

Better Single than Sorry

Walking down the aisles at Archie's gallery, gazing at various love objects such as Teddy Bears, Cupid idols, Love birds, Together forever frames, and other love-related shit; I finally ended up picking a Happy Anniversary greeting card for my parents. If this is not the torment of Valentine's day, then I don't know what is. No, the torment isn't buying an Anniversary card, it's the struggle to find general greetings amidst this store full of red hearts and love quotes that describes a world where love is measured by objects and not emotions.  If you choose 14th February to confess your feelings, that's not falling love, it's fooling in love. With due respect to Saint Valentine and Cupid, this day has become overhyped, overrated and over celebrated. How can you decide to pamper your loved one only on one day of the year and bestow all the love (pocket money) upon them?  Expensive gifts and flowers only provide the sellers with one week of good business and t...

We Think We Have Time

An eerie quietness fills the room   Something doesn't seem right today He is waiting for me in bed I slip into the blanket that covers his body I tell him that he needs to be well He doesn't listen to me I am yearning to hear him speak He doesn't talk much I am waiting for his words of wisdom He hardly even says anything I remind him of his strength  His body is weak  I feed him naan khatai and imarti each day He is thinning by the day I bring him his favourite food He doesn't eat two square meals in a day I cook him his favourite mutton biryani He can't eat two square meals in a day I bring him filter coffee from the nukkad of the street He can hardly even drink water  I ask him if he'd like to dance with me He can't stand on his two feet  I try to put him to sleep His eyes are tired of being shut  I stay quiet for a few minutes  He reaches for my hand I can't stop the tears from running do...